The problem of an unresponsive AOL desktop Gold software is very common but it isn’t as severe as other problems that exist. This is a manageable type of problem and you just need to know some basic and simple steps and methods to solve this. The software is unable to respond maybe because its software is outdated, it has compatibility issues or maybe because of internet connectivity issues. Whatever the reason may be the steps involved are the same for each of the case. So if you want to know how each reason leads to the problem of ‘AOL gold not responding’, you may ask the representatives at AOL customer service and they will give you a comprehensive detail about each cause or reason.
Usually, when this problem happens you need to start with the basic solutions, and only when it fails to work, you can go ahead and start with the more advanced steps or method. So given below are two methods you can try, one basic and one advanced.
Method 1: Check the strength of your network connection
- Go to the control panel on your computer and select ‘network and sharing’ and on the new window, choose ‘change your network settings’ and under this, click on ‘troubleshoot problems’.
- After that, click on ‘internet connections’ to fix the connectivity problem. Once you are done, you need to troubleshoot the Ethernet, wireless and other network adapters by clicking on ‘network adapters’.
If this does not solve the issue, proceed to the next method.
Also Read: How to Install AOL Gold for Mac
Method 2: check for Desktop Gold’s source files
- Click on the AOL gold icon in the system tray and open ‘properties’.
- In the dialog box, check for the desired file and copy the URL.
- Now paste the copied link on your browser (internet explorer) and verify the availability of the software files.
- If you see that there are no available files, delete the icon.
- Now open the C drive and search for the AOL gold folder. Under this, examine the icon and see if it is working, if it is, you need to create a shortcut on the desktop screen.
Note: Before you download AOL Desktop Gold, make sure that the computer has all the system requirements of the software.
So the above-mentioned methods are what you need in order to resolve the problem. If you have further problems or technical difficulties you can call the customer service of AOL.